We are pioneers in assisted reproduction of high complexity.
• Gynecologist specializing in reproduction is the co-founder of Fecunditas and its medical director. He is one of the pioneers in the field of assisted fertility in Argentina: in 1984 he brought to Argentina the technique of in vitro fertilization and in 1985 he carried out the procedure for the first time, which was crowned with the successful birth of the twins Delaporte. In addition to his daily work at the institute, he maintains an intense academic and scientific activity that links him with prestigious national and international institutions. He was born on December 27, 1945 in the City of Buenos Aires and graduated from the Faculty of Medicine of the UBA in 1969 to then specialize in Gynecology, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine. He obtained a scholarship in 1970 from the Ford Foundation to deepen his studies in Biology of Reproduction and was shortly after a fellow of the first chair of Gynecology at the Hospital de Clínicas. He also made improvements in Spain and the United States.
Medical background At the beginning of his career and while he was studying his undergraduate degree, he obtained competitive examinations at the José M. Bosch Hospital and the Haedo Institute of Surgery. Once graduated, he worked in the Municipal Hospital of Pilar and in 1972 as a medical intern in the first chair of Gynecology Hospital Clinics of the UBA. There he established himself as sub-chief of the section of Human Sterility, of the department of Reproduction of the Chair of Gynecology of the Hospital de Clínicas that saw him take his first steps in the specialty, to retire in 1983 and devote himself definitively to the incipient specialty. of assisted reproduction. This is how he came to the Gynecology and Reproduction Studies Center where he was the head of the in vitro fertilization department and made the country’s first experience in this field. There he also served as head of Laboratory and director of the In Vitro Fertilization Program before becoming, in 1989, one of the directors of Fecunditas.
Awards and distinctions Throughout his long career, he has won numerous awards and recognitions from prestigious institutions linked to assisted reproduction: from a grant awarded by the World Health Organization to carry out cutting-edge research at the beginning of his career, up to the awards granted by the Argentine Society of Reproductive Medicine and the Obstetrics and Gynecology Society of Buenos Aires in 2004 and 2005. But in addition, his intense medical and scientific activity made him an important reference of the specialty in the continent, for which he was several times summoned by prestigious associations such as the Argentine Society of Sterility and Fertility, of which he was president; the Latin American Network of Assisted Reproduction, in which he exercised the regional leadership, as well as his participation as an honorary member of the Brazilian Society of Human Reproduction and the Chilean Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology, among many other organizations in the country and abroad that required it as a consultant
Contributions to scientific research In the 80s, when the techniques of assisted fertilization in the country had not yet been developed, he was director of the First In Vitro Fertilization Program in Argentina. Since then, together with the Fecunditas professional team, she is constantly working on research and development of new techniques to offer couples with fertility problems every year more effective solutions. His contributions were also reflected in numerous texts and articles of which he is the author and co-author, which were published in national and international books and journals.
Teaching His intense scientific and clinical care experience allowed him to carry out extensive teaching work, not only taught at universities such as the UBA, but trained professionals from low-income regions, as was the case of the Human Resources Training Program for Areas Unprotected or the Update course for professionals of the Gynecology Service of Perrando Hospital, in the province of Chaco. He also lectured and was guest speaker at numerous international symposiums on human reproduction, such as the II World Congress of Bioethics and Argentine and Latin American congresses of Endocrinology and Reproductive Gynecology, among many others.
Dr Roberto Coco
- Biochemist graduated from the UBA
- PhD in Biochemistry
- Academician of the National Academy of Pharmacy and Biochemistry
- Certified specialist in Medical Genetics, Clinical Embryology, Andrology and Reprogenetics
- Current Director of the Laboratory of Clinical and Genetic Embryology of Fecunditas – Institute of Reproductive Medicine, affiliated to the Faculty of Medicine of the UBA
- Master of Human Clinical Embryology of the UBA – Course of Clinical Embryology of REDLARA and Coordinator of the Education Committee of REDLARA
- Member of the Advisory Commission on Cell Therapies and Regenerative
- Medicine of the Ministry of Science and Technology – Full member of the main national and international societies of the specialty
- Author of more than one hundred works published in magazines and scientific books of the country and abroad
- Special guest speaker at national and international scientific meetings
- Renown recognized by the leaders of other centers of Reproductive Medicine and genetics in the country and abroad
- Director of thesis and fellowships of CONICET and other organizations in the country and abroad
- Jury of theses, contests and scholarships
- Distinguished with 15 awards for their work presented in societies
full version in Spanish
In our institute we aim to provide the highest quality in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility. To achieve this, we have specialized professionals in all areas. We all make Fecunditas.
Fernando Luis Gismondi
Gabriela Montel Mendonza
Fabián Alejandro Coco
Lía Annelise Ramirez